Monday, August 18, 2008

Triple Oners PART 2

-Continued from previous post; Triple Oners-

I noticed several grammar and spelling mistakes in the last post,aaagh...sorry.

And so, moving on,at wednesday night,the opening for OSPEK (read previous post) was not like anything that I had imagined. And since I used my free time to space off, this is saying something.

There were catcalls that boils my blood. The clash between the safety patrols and the hayward seniors were affecting the freshmen's safety, and that is where the Aparatoriz. Aparatoriz was the mix of safety patrol (aparat in Indonesian) and terrorist. They took control of the situations really quickly. But that doesnt mean that the terrorist part of their group name was for nothing. The aparatoriz begun yelling at us for not focusing on the task at hand. Seriously dude, being focused inside a hay may pandemonium is not easy at all.

The freshmen were really intimidated by them and we had to endure about half an hour with them before they finally let us went home. It was terrifying. But I had fun all the same XD. I...like it when adrenaline-pumping actions happen, and this certainly made my adrenaline rush.it kills me not to start grinning like a maniac, and I had to held it in or the aparatoriz'll go after my blood. That night, I slept like I'm dead. Im totally motionless, or so like my mom said (she was staying over).

Thursday came and the first thing in line that day was...

Gymnastics.

We came in our sports attires and were told to follow the silly movements the senior did as though we're warming up for the day. God forbid me to tell you or even show anyone the moves that were shown that day.

After the hoogly-boogly,stupid,embarassing gym hour, we were told to cool down before brought into the hall to listen to seminars. But among the 2 seminars we had that day, the best was brought by Antasari Azhar, the leader of the Anti Corruption Unit in my country (KPK). It was the first seminar that I listen to without falling asleep since the start of OSPEK. He was a man of his words, he head great knowledge of the law and such charisma that the entire building was silent as he brought his speech. I want to be like him someday. To be someone who is truely loyal to his/her country. I look up to you Mr.Antasari X).

At 6 o'clock in the evening, we were given task to interview families with low incomings, or in other words, poor families. It tore my heart apart to see people living far from what they were supposed to. 111 was divided into 3 groups, and my group had to interview the poorest family around. We came to a small wooden house that were inhibited by 3 people; a mother and her 2 childrens.

The mother was making Rp.20.000 per day (US $ 2.00) by working as ice block maker. It really was a heart wrenching sight, to see the place they called home. But the mother was a very positive person. She never complains about anything, and only concentrated in working so that her children could get good educations. Mrs. Lina was her name, and she was the person that motivates me so, that I could continue this exhausting week in high spirits. God bless her and her children for that woman gave me more than just motivation and experience.

And then Friday came. By that day, the entire 111 group had grown so close and comfortable with each other that we're not afraid to be our true self anymore. we had great great fun!! Oh, since Thursday, we had a mentor joining our group and 2 new members. The mentor was Nana, a senior from Electro Tech. '06 and the new members were Koko and Azmy. Both of them are nuts, and nuts people joining an insane group equals super-crazy-times of fun!! Friday were filled with mentoring from Ka Nana about Realitas Bangsa (A Country's reality about Indonesia's present condition). It was a heated topics which was also the theme or this year's OSPEK. The mentoring really opens my eyes about the condition of my country and about my role as a University Student. I could ramble on about that, but I'm sure none of you wants to read it ;-), so we'll skip it for everyone's sake.XP

And in the same day my faculty (Arts and Design major)gathered together to meet the upperclassman class of '07. They're really warm and welcoming, but I'm never someone who lets my guards down in meeting new people.I always knew that there was more than meets the eyes...LOL.what happens that made me so serious alluva sudden?XD

The whole day in Saturday was filled with faculty activities, and 111 didnt meet up at all that day. It was the SERIOUSLY BORING day of all days of my time in Bandung and I miss my team mates so that I cant wait but look forward to group activities the following Sunday XD. And from what I've gathered, my team mates feel the same also. We all feel at home in the group, and that was what we missed the most about being together as group 111 XD.

Sunday came and we had to start the day with Flag Ceremony since it's 17th of August and my country's (Indonesia's) b'day. And onwards we had ITB Open House Unit where all clubs opened a stall and begun their campaign to gather new members from class '08.

Want to know what I joined?Xd

Genshiken (a Japanese culture club) and Kendo club.XD.
Kendo has been my obsession since I came to love anything about Japan and now I had the chance of granting that once-impossible dream of mine! I cant wait for the 1st practice to come \(>.<)/ !!!.

It was one whole relaxing,work-less day and group 111 had enjoyed it the most, as it's the last day of OSPEK and the last day we spent together as group 111. It's really depressing when you think about it that way, that's why I tried to forget about it and tried to have the best time. My team mates all came from different faculties and we all have different schedules, in my mind it's kind of difficult for us to get together. but I hope that we'll still see each other again.

Youji got teary eyed when that particular fact came to mind (that the OSPEK was finally over and we'll be sepparated) and we had to made her laugh to get her to stop tearing up. she was halfway between laughing and crying, and what a sight that was LOL.

ITB Open House Unit was over in the evening and after that, the freshmen were gathered to attend the closing of OSPEK. It was pretty much the same as the opening, with the jeerings and catcalls. but by that time I know better than to flip my precious finger at the infuriating seniors and get my head chopped off after school XD.

After the closing, we had one last mentoring session where I found time to laid down on my back in the grass and stared at the star-filled sky. It was an amazing sight to see...in Jakarta, you couldnt see the stars at nighttime since the pollution pretty much filled the sky.

But in Bandung, all stars were there, twinkling brightly for you to see. And for me, personally, this is the best parting gift anyone could ever get.Youji showed me how to read the stars and showed me the Scorpio constellation, which is her star sign. It was an unforgettable night. I will never ever forget it.

And when I'm writing this blog, it's been a day since Group 111 splits up.I kinda miss the other's company and it scares my a little when I think about facing days without my team mates by my side. I know that this isnt the last time we'll be seeing each other, but still, circumstances are between us. I still have the others' numbers though, and even though I could text them whenever I want, it still wont feel the same.

I'm gonna miss this week really much.

As much as I hated it, I also loved it very much.

In the end, all I wanted to say was Thank You to my team mates (Ryan,Azmy,Susan,Gagas,Ginanjar,Icha,Chiko,Ilam,Sausan,Andre,Vika,Akbar,Koko,James,Inna,Dita,Arif,Hada and Halim), my Taplok (Farhan and Youji) and my mentor (Ka Nana) for the amazing times we spent together and for the unforgetable memories, irreplaceable experiences and precious lessons we learned together. I will never ever forget this past week, and I'm gonna miss you guys.

And this is where I, Diandra 'Ran' Masterani, will be signing off.

Until next time, folks XD.

No comments: